General Motors Recalls 1.1 Million Chevrolet and Pontiac Sedans
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 | General Motors announces four new recalls affecting another 2.4 million vehicles in the U.S.
A shift cable in the four-speed automatic transmission can wear out, “resulting in mismatches of the gear position indicated by the shift lever.”
1.1 million cars in the U.S., including:
- 2004-2008 Chevrolet Malibu
- 2005-2008 Pontiac G6
If Your Vehicle is Affected
GM will notify owners, but in the meantime, contact your dealer or call Chevrolet at 800-222-1020, Pontiac at 800-762-2737 with any questions.
Dealers will replace the faulty parts for free.
If your vehicle is affected by this recall, please contact your local dealer to arrange a service appointment.
Read about more GM vehicle recalls here
– Seat-belt issues in 1.3M Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Saturn full-size crossovers
– Passenger airbag failure in 2015 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV models
– Fire risk in Chevrolet and GMC Full-Size Pickups
– Brake light failure affecting 2.4M Chevrolet, Pontiac and Saturn cars
– Steering problems in some full-size pickup trucks and SUVs
– Loss of low-beam headlights in certain Chevrolet Corvette models
– Disabled power brakes in certain 2014 Chevrolet Malibu models
– Windshield wiper failure in certain Cadillac CTS models