Prep your car now for holiday travel
So, before dashing through the snow this holiday season, prep your car for travel.
Holiday time is travel time, and the days from Thanksgiving through the first of the year are peak times for being on the road. Before you hit the highway for holiday visits, get your vehicle properly prepped and serviced. The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) recommends paying close attention to the following service items:
- Read your owner’s manual and follow the manufacturer’s recommended service schedules
- Get your battery checked
- Inspect all lights and bulbs
- Make sure the heater and defroster are in good working condition
- Replace your wiper blades
- Flush and refill the cooling system as recommended
- Check your tires; worn tires are dangerous in winter weather
- Have your brakes checked for safety and to prevent costly repairs
- Carry an emergency kit with you: extra gloves, boots, blankets, small shovel, flashlight and extra batteries, and cell phone and extra car charger.
Finally, print our coupon http://www.carsoup.com/shops-and-services/ for $10 off service at participating CarSoup.com dealers.