CarSoup.com Unveils New Chat Feature
Just in case you weren’t sure whether this text messaging thing was ever going to catch on — research shows that 98% of text messages are read, compared to 22% of emails, 29% of tweets, and 12% of Facebook posts. That’s why we’ve rolled out brand new text technology to help CarSoup.com dealers increase connections.
According to Pew Research 94% of adults ages 30-49 and 75% of those ages 50-64 send and receive text messages. Text messaging (SMS) produces engagement rates six to eight times higher than email and 90% of text messages are read within three minutes of delivery.
There’s no doubt buyers are insisting on text messaging, and CarSoup.com now makes it easier for you to connect with them using the methods they prefer.
With CarSoup.com’s Call Alerts and Text-to-Chat tool, you’ll get a direct line to your buyers!
Here’s how Call Alert works:
- Your dealership receives a visual notification of an incoming call
- Caller ID (when available) then gives you the shopper’s contact information
- Call Alert automatically detects if the caller is using a mobile device
- You can then choose how to follow up with the shopper, either by call or via text message
- Shoppers must opt in to the conversation, giving them control over the communication and ensuring your compliance with TCPA rules aimed at protecting consumers from unwanted text messaging.
With Text-to-Chat, shoppers can now start a text conversation directly with you through the CarSoup.com mobile app on their smartphones creating a direct conduit from your VDP pages on CarSoup to a representative from your dealership.