Show Your Car Some Love
Your car doesn’t want flowers, balloons, or even candy this Valentine’s Day — it just wants a little love in the form of an oil change, tune-up and basic service. There’s no debating the value of preventive maintenance to keep your car running well — not to mention getting you safely to your hot Valentine’s Day date. This Valentine’s Day, treat your car to a service visit and take the following preventive maintenance steps:
- Change the oil and filter every 3,000 miles or three months, or per the owner’s manual. Periodic oil and filter changes keep your engine clean on the inside.
- Check the tire pressure at least monthly, including the spare. Your car’s tires affect its ride, handling, traction and safety.
- Schedule a tune-up annually to optimize your car’s performance. A well-tuned engine delivers the best balance of power and fuel economy and produces the lowest level of emissions.
- Have the alignment checked at least annually. Potholes and other road conditions, as well as normal wear, can take their toll on your car’s steering and suspension. A wheel alignment reduces tire wear, improves fuel economy and handling, and increases driving enjoyment and safety.
- Inspect the windshield wipers and lights on the car. Lights and wipers play a major role in safe driving, and they are normal wear items that need periodic replacement.
These preventive maintenance steps will help ensure the reliability and safety of your car, and they’ll also help improve gas mileage, and who doesn’t love that!