The Mitsubishi Crown Jewels: Shining Stars of 2021
While Mitsubishi might not be the first brand that comes to mind when discussing automotive giants, their 2021 lineup held some hidden gems. Choosing the "best" Mitsubishi for 2021 depends heavily on your priorities and needs, but here are three contenders that truly shined in their respective categories:
The Practical Powerhouse: 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander
The Outlander stands as Mitsubishi's flagship SUV, and for good reason. It's a well-rounded package offering practicality, comfort, and even a touch of excitement. Here's why it might be the perfect fit for you:
- Spacious and Versatile: The Outlander comfortably seats five, with ample legroom and headroom even for taller passengers. The cargo space is impressive, easily swallowing groceries, luggage, or even camping gear. Plus, the folding rear seats allow for even more flexibility.
- Powerful and Efficient: Choose from a 2.4L I4 engine with 168 horsepower or a punchier 3.0L V6 with 251 horsepower. Both engines are paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) that prioritizes fuel efficiency, achieving up to 28 mpg combined for the I4 and 25 mpg combined for the V6.
- All-Wheel Drive Prowess: Mitsubishi's Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) system comes standard on most trims, providing уверенность on slippery roads and light off-roading adventures.
The Budget-Friendly Fuel Sipper: 2021 Mitsubishi Mirage
If you're on a tight budget and prioritize fuel efficiency above all else, the Mirage is your champion. This subcompact hatchback might not win any drag races, but it excels in its own unique way:
- Unbeatable MPG: The Mirage boasts an EPA-estimated 36 mpg in the city and 43 mpg on the highway, making it one of the most fuel-efficient cars on the market. This translates to significant savings at the gas pump, especially with today's rising fuel prices.
- Surprisingly Spacious: Despite its compact size, the Mirage offers enough interior space for four adults to comfortably commute or run errands. The cargo area, while not cavernous, can handle your weekly groceries or a weekend getaway's worth of luggage.
- Tech-Savvy Features: Even at its affordable price point, the Mirage doesn't skimp on tech. A touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility comes standard, keeping you connected and entertained on the go.
The Stylish Standout: 2021 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
For those seeking a vehicle that breaks the mold, the Eclipse Cross offers a head-turning design and a surprisingly sporty driving experience. Here's why it might be your perfect match:
- Coupe-SUV Fusion: The Eclipse Cross blurs the lines between SUV and coupe, with a sloping roofline and bold exterior styling. It stands out from the crowd of boxy SUVs, turning heads wherever you go.
- Performance Potential: The turbocharged 1.5L I4 engine delivers 181 horsepower and 252 lb-ft of torque, providing a surprisingly zippy driving experience. The standard paddle shifters and available all-wheel drive add to the fun factor.
- Tech-Focused Interior: The Eclipse Cross features a panoramic sunroof, a digital instrument cluster, and a head-up display, creating a modern and tech-forward driving environment.
Ultimately, the "best" Mitsubishi of 2021 is subjective and depends on your individual needs and preferences. However, these three standouts – the practical Outlander, the fuel-efficient Mirage, and the stylish Eclipse Cross – each offer something unique and valuable, making them worthy contenders for the crown in their respective categories.
So, which Mitsubishi speaks to your soul? Take them for a test drive and discover your own 2021 Mitsubishi champion!