The Ford Expedition: A Full-Size SUV Built for Adventure
The Ford Expedition is a full-size SUV that has been a popular choice for families and adventurers for over two decades. It's known for its spacious interior, powerful engine, and impressive towing capacity. In this article, we'll take a closer look at the Ford Expedition, exploring its features, performance, and capabilities.
Design and Interior
The Ford Expedition has a bold and imposing design. It's available in two lengths: standard and MAX. The standard Expedition is 210.7 inches long, while the MAX version is 213.1 inches long. Both versions offer plenty of space for passengers and cargo. The third-row seat is spacious and comfortable, even for adults.
The Expedition's interior is designed for comfort and convenience. The seats are upholstered in high-quality materials, and there are plenty of features to keep passengers entertained, such as a panoramic sunroof, a rear-seat entertainment system, and a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Performance and Capability
The Ford Expedition is powered by a 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine that produces 380 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque. It's also available with a hybrid powertrain that produces 430 horsepower and 570 lb-ft of torque. Both engines are mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission.
The Expedition has a maximum towing capacity of up to 9,300 pounds. It's also capable of handling off-road terrain with ease, thanks to its four-wheel drive system and generous ground clearance.
Features and Technology
The Ford Expedition is packed with features that make it a safe and comfortable ride. Some of the standard features include:
- Blind spot monitoring
- Lane departure warning
- Pre-collision assist with automatic emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
The Expedition is also available with a variety of optional features, such as:
- Heated and ventilated seats
- A massaging driver's seat
- A panoramic sunroof
- A rear-seat entertainment system
- A head-up display
Trims and Pricing
The Ford Expedition is available in six trims: XL STX, XLT, XLT MAX, Limited, Limited MAX, Timberline, King Ranch, and King Ranch MAX. The starting price for the Expedition is $55,525.
The Ford Expedition is a full-size SUV that offers everything you could ask for in a vehicle. It's spacious, powerful, and capable of handling anything you throw at it. If you're looking for an SUV that can take you on adventures, the Ford Expedition is a great option.
Here are some additional things to consider when purchasing a Ford Expedition:
- Fuel economy: The Expedition is not the most fuel-efficient SUV on the market. The EcoBoost V6 gets an EPA-estimated 17 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway. The hybrid powertrain gets an EPA-estimated 21 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway.
- Cargo space: The Expedition offers plenty of cargo space, even with the third-row seat up. The standard Expedition has 20.9 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third-row seat, while the MAX version has 34.3 cubic feet. With the third-row seat folded down, the standard Expedition has 63.6 cubic feet of cargo space, while the MAX version has 104.6 cubic feet.
- Towing capacity: The Expedition has a maximum towing capacity of up to 9,300 pounds.
Overall, the Ford Expedition is a great choice for families and adventurers who need a spacious, powerful, and capable SUV. It's not the most fuel-efficient SUV on the market, but it makes up for it in its size, performance, and features.